ATR International Celebrates 25 Years

By ATR International |   Thu, Sep 12, 2013 @ 08:52 AM

25 years ago I had an experience that changed my life, my family’s life and subsequently, I think, the lives of many others.  I was an experienced mechanical engineer with a Master’s Degree and was working as a consultant at the time when I received a call from a recruiter.  They wanted to know if I was interested in a position in Bar Harbor, ME as a mechanic at a shipyard.  It wasn’t the first time something like this had happened, although it didn’t happen every day either.  But it got me thinking, “If I’m an engineer, and recruiters don’t understand what I do, then how can they find me a job?”  It was an idea that didn’t leave me and after much consideration, I made the decision to start my own company.  To specialize in helping technical professionals find the work they are trained to do and our clients the specialized skilled people they need to thrive.

25 years ago, when we started the business, the personal computer and databases were just beginning to take hold.  We had them in the office before some of our clients even did and, among other things, I used it to build ATR’s first consultant database.  As we all know, technology has moved forward at light speed and today we avail ourselves of the most up to date tools to manage so much of the business, but I look back fondly on ATR’s first embrace of technology to run a better, more efficient company.  25 years ago, the staffing industry as a whole was much, much different too with a smaller footprint and impact on our national economy.  It’s been interesting watching it change and grow, along with ATR.

Read More

Topics : ATR International, 25 year anniversary | 1 Comment Read More

All Blog Posts

Categories

see all

Subscribe to Email Updates